I spent the first half of this week testing and fixing version 1.0.10 which is now on an opt-in Beta branch. It’s a relatively minor update in terms of functional changes, but requires a lot of testing because I was touching a lot of code to improve localization/translation. Up until now, around 95%+ of the text in the game had been moved out into localization files. But the remaining 5% was scattered here and there. Having implemented Progent-A (see last week’s post), I could now go through, find, fix and test those instances. Still not 100% converted, but over 99%.
What’s in 1.0.10:
- Progent-A pseudolocalization test language
- Numerous missing localization added, fixed
- Ability to change difficulty, ship name, player name mid-game from options
- Alternate dev console key combo: Shift-F12
- End game fireworks
- Misc. bug fixes
As usual, once this build has had sufficient testing, if it proves sufficiently bug free, I’ll promote it to the default branch.
This branch also contains an updated Linux build (also version 1.0.10) which I have not tested. If any brave commanders running Linux want to have at it, I’d be grateful. Select Release 1_0_10 preview.