Developer: Wx3 Labs, LLC, based in Watertown, MA
Release Date: Early Access December 12th, 2018, Full Release 2019
Platforms: PC at launch, Mac and Linux to follow
Press Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web / Social Media:
Starcom: Nexus is an action-adventure RPG of space exploration and epic, fast-paced battles. The player takes on the role of a novice starship commander suddenly pulled into a strange galaxy. They must explore strange planets, meet alien civilizations and battle hostile forces to gain the resources and new technologies they’ll need to survive this mysterious universe and find their way home.
It is a follow-up to the popular Flash game Starcom released in 2008 with over 2 million plays to date. Players are not required or expected to have played the Flash game; Starcom: Nexus is a stand-alone story.
The game entered Steam Early Access on December 12th, 2018 and is planned for full release by the end of 2019.
Early Access Current Features
- A gorgeous universe full of interactive planets to explore and celestial phenomena to discover
- Hundreds of star systems to explore in a completely open-world universe
- Over two hundred unique planetary anomalies to discover
- 150+ technologies to research
- Players design their own ships using a modular construction system
- Talk, trade and fight with multiple alien races with their own agendas and dynamic AI
- Lots of hidden secrets and side quests
- Nebulae, derelict starships, warp gateways, comets, lost colonies, ancient artifacts and much, much more
Logo and Screenshot Media Package
About the Developer
Wx3 Labs is the game studio of Kevin Lin. Kevin has released three popular Flash games: Planet Defender, Starcom, and the Lost Crypts. These games have had a combined 6 million players. It was the popularity of the Starcom flash game that inspired him to create Starcom: Nexus. Besides these games, he has worked on game projects for Pipeworks Studio, ImaginEngine and Amazon.