Developer: Wx3 Labs, based in Watertown, MA
Release Date: Early Access Q4 2018, Full Release 2019
Platforms: PC at launch, Mac and Linux to follow
Press Contact: email@example.com
Web / Social Media:
Starcom:Nexus is an action-adventure RPG of space exploration and epic, fast-paced battles. The player takes on the role of a novice starship commander suddenly pulled into a strange galaxy. They must explore strange planets, meet alien civilizations and battle hostile forces to gain the resources and new technologies they’ll need to survive this mysterious universe and find their way home.
Is it is a follow-up to the popular Flash game Starcom released in 2008 which has had over 2 million plays but players are not required or expected to have played the Flash game.
The game has been under development since 2014 and started closed Betas in August 2018. It is expected to enter Early Access later in 2018 with a full release sometime in 2019.
- Fast-paced real time combat against fully destructible enemy ships
- Players design their own ships using a modular construction system with armor, engines, plasma cannons, missiles, etc
- Players can improve their ship’s capabilities with an expansive Research Tree
- Dialogue and diplomacy with alien races, each with their own personalities and agendas
- Interactable planetary anomalies: useful, dangerous, funny or weird. Each is unique, many with surprising in-game results
- A true, continuous open universe with no invisible walls or loading screens
- A rich story line with meaningful choices
About the Developer
Wx3 Labs is the game studio of Kevin Lin. Kevin has released three popular Flash games: Planet Defender, Starcom, and the Lost Crypts. These games have had a combined 6 million players. It was the popularity of the Starcom flash game that inspired him to create Starcom:Nexus. Besides these games, he has worked on game projects for Pipeworks Studio, ImaginEngine and Amazon.