It’s been a busy week! Graduation into full release went better than expected, which is great. It seems like spending the full year in Early Access paid off: overall, players love the game and there have been few significant bugs reported.
Still, the large influx of new players have revealed a few issues. There is a patch on the Beta branch that addresses some of these as well as some quality of life features. A few bugs have crept into the branch and I’ve been hotfixing them as they are uncovered. Once I’m confident the beta branch is at least as stable as 1.0.5 I’ll promote it to default. So if there are any brave commanders who want to try it out, here’s how:
- In your Steam library, right-click on the game and choose “properties”
- Go to the Betas tab
- In the drop-down, choose postrelease_patch_1. There is no password.
What’s fixed in the patch:
- Player drones now retask if their target is destroyed and they have sufficient fuel and another enemy is nearby
- Fix ship energy stat display after ship build change
- Possibly fixed issue where shield energy starts negative
- Deactivate cruise control when activating a Nexus Gateway
- Expanded localization symbols, added Hungarian and Portgueuse experimental baseline translation
- Fixed dialogue not showing response options in some cases when playing in non-English version
- Possible fix for Kite Station getting moved
- Numerous typos, several minor bugs
- Several spoiler related fixes
I’ve also started trying to address localization issues. Some players have volunteered to start an effort to provide a more complete solution than the current “ad hoc” suggestion system implemented in game. Check out the new Localization Sub-forum for the game to learn more.