Updated May 25, 2018:
Click here to sign-up for updates and to be notified of any beta test opportunities
Good news, everyone!
There has been enough interest in a follow-up game to Starcom that I have started work on Starcom: Nexus. This doesn’t mean that the game will happen with 100% certainty, but I am working full time on the project and investing a fair amount of my own money into making it happen. The goal is to make Starcom: Nexus be the game I wanted to make with Starcom, but was constrained by time, experience and the limitations of Flash. Here’s what you can look forward to:
- Increased sense of exploration in the game, with a larger universe with a much greater variety of encounters, including environments that effect game play;
- A new planetary exploration mechanic: planets aren’t just pretty backdrops any more!
- Keeping fast-paced combat as a major focus of the game;
- Customized ship design;
- Additional role-playing elements such as interaction and friendship with alien races;
- The game will be a DRM-free downloadable game with a single buy-once price and no in-game purchases;
- Available for Windows, Mac and Linux.
If you’re interested in being updated when this project is closer to launch or in being a tester, please sign-up for the mailing list.